Friday, April 2, 2010

Prints & Texture: My 2010 San Francisco Decorator Showcase Room

Add Fortuny Fabric

I find Fortuny irresistible. I will add Fortuny pillows. Mario Fortuny (1871–1949) born into an artistic Spanish family was a Renaissance man. He eventually settled in Venice, Italy via Paris and became a noted fashion designer (Fortuny Pleats), product designer and fabric designer.

Fortuny fabrics appeal to me because the are hand-blocked and have a distinctly hand-made quality to them. Some are printed with gold. They are mostly non-representational and one does not tire of them easily. They are classic yet very distinctive. There are many patterns and colors available. Factory tours are available when visiting Venice. http://belovedlinens.net/textdesign/mario-fortuny.php


Add Texture

I'm using a new sisal ("Paraiba" in color "River") from Merida Meridain as a bound area rug. The color is a very light taupe/gray. Their sisal is sustainable and there service is great. Check out their website for more detailed information. http://www.meridameridian.com/sustainability/

Add a Crackled Linen Ceiling

I'm really excited about my "Crackled Linen" ceiling from artist Jennifer LaPierre of Sonoma, jennifer@jenniferlapierre.com


The linen is covered with a thin layer of plaster and then rolled and crackled. It is glazed with a color and then a stencil is applied before installation and then the stencil is finished on site. I have included my hand in the photo so you can get an idea of the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment